Both Bitcoin and Online Shopping Are Poor for the Environment
"Recent news coverage highlighted the adverse impact of Bitcoin mining on the environment," said
Simon is committed to protecting the environment and has substantially reduced its overall carbon footprint.
- Reduced our carbon footprint by over 50 percent (2003-2019); by 32 percent since 2013
- Reduced water consumption by 18.5 percent since 2013
- Executing recycling programs at all centers
- More than doubled our EV stations from 400 (2017) to 995 (2020) EV Stations
- Installed 10 onsite solar PV renewable energy systems providing over 2M kWh (2000 mWh) of clean energy
And, as part of its ongoing sustainability efforts, Simon has set goals to lower its carbon emissions an incremental 68 percent by 2035 (vs. 2019).
For more information on Simon's sustainability initiatives and the environmental benefits of shopping in store, click here.
Simon is a real estate investment trust engaged in the ownership of premier shopping, dining, entertainment and mixed-use destinations and an S&P 100 company (
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/both-bitcoin-and-online-shopping-are-poor-for-the-environment-301291357.html
Ali Slocum, Vice President, Public Relations, 317.264.3079, Ali.Slocum@Simon.com